字词模式
句模式
段模式
系统设置
更多按钮
网址切换
保存状态
用户反馈
页面收藏
-AA+
哈佛大学校园英语情景对话 14:哈佛模拟联合国

Han Meimei is invited to Johohn’s home.

H: Look at your room, it’s made of prizes.

H:看看你的房间,到处都是奖状。

J: Stop picking on me. Jealous?

J:别再挑我的刺儿了。你羡慕了?

HNot a little bit.. You’re born with talents. That’s not fair.

H:相当羡慕。你是个天才,太不公平了。

J: I remember there’s a Chinese sayingone minute on the stage needs ten years of practice off the stage”. I’ve paid a lot.

J:我记得中国有句俗语"台上_分钟,台下十车功”。我付出了很多。

H: Dont be so serious. I was just babbling. What’s this prize for? Best Delegate”,

H:别那么认真,我只是胡说的。这个奖状是什么? “最佳代表”。

JFor my outstanding performance in the Harvard Model United Nations Conference.

J:是我因在哈佛模拟联含国( HMUN)大会上的杰出表现而得的奖。

H: You’ve participated m that conference? Terrific!

H:你参加过?太棒了 !

J: Its no big deaL

J:没什么了不起的。

H: Was it interesting?

H:会议有意思吗?

JYes, of course. But instead of using the wordinteresting", I would rather say it's meaningful.

J:是的,很有意思。但是我更想说它是有意义的,而不是用’‘有意思”这个词。

H: Did you learn a lot? Tell me what you learned,

H:你都学到了什么?

J: First of all, I learned that it’s organized by undergrads from Harvard. I was surprised because it’s so influential. It turned out to be a college studentsorganization.

J:首先,我了解到会议是由哈佛大学的本科生组织的。为此我感到很吃惊,因为这个会议的影 响力很大,结果却是一个大学的学生组织。

HThat’s really incredible.

H:确实难以置信。

J: So I make determination to be an organizer if I should go to Harvard.

J:所以我如果能去哈佛上学,我也要成为它的一个组织者。

H: You will. It must be interesting, exciting, and challenging to organize a HMUN Conference. Id like to give it try if I have the chance. What else did you learn?

H:你会去的。组织 HMUN大会一定很有趣,令人激动并具有挑战性。如果有机会我也想试试。还学到其他的了吗?

J; I learn how to think in other people’s shoes. You know, students had to play different roles that they might have never thought about.

J:我懂得了怎样设身处地为别人着想。你也知道,学生要扮演不同的角色,可能是 他们绝对想不到的角色。

H: It’s important to think in a different way.

H:以不同的角度思考是很重要的。

J: This is very beneficial for me, I would say.

J:我想说这一点让我受益匪浅。

HNo wonder you're so considerate.

H:难怪你总是想得那么周到。

JThank you. Besides, because students had to debate, and sometime compromise, they needed to cooperate with others in order to solve international issues.

J:谢谢。此外,由于学生们必须要争论,有时候要妥协,因此他们需要和其他人合作来解决国际问题。

H: Cooperation is a word easy to say. What lacks in international negotiations is just cooperation.

H:"含作”一词说起来容易做起来难。国际谈判中缺的就是含作。

JAs far as the HMUN Conference is concerned, by cooperating with people of my age, I gained a precious opportunity to listen to and share my viewpoints with students of different backgrounds the world over,

J:就 HMUN大会而言,与和我同龄的人合作,让我有机会倾听并且与世界各地不同背景的学生分享我的观点。

H: That’s quite meaningful. Most of the time, we dont know what people from other countries think, and misunderstandings will lead to mistrusts.

H:很有意义。大多数时间,我们不知道其他国家的人的想法,由于误解而导致不信任。

J: Absolutely! Another important thing that HMUN taught me is that every single effort can make a difference for the entire human race. Anyway, the experience of participating in HMUN at least demonstrates students" ability.

J:对极了! HMUN让我彳董得的另一个重要的事就是,每一个单一的努力都会影响全人类。不管怎么说,参加 HMUN至少证明了学生的能力。

H: There’s no doubt about that. The experience in Model United Nations has been recognized by many top universities, and is one of the evaluation criteria while enrolling students.

H:这点毫无疑问。参加模拟联含国已经得到了许多一流大学的认可,并且是招收学 生的评估标准之一。

J: That’s why every year more than a thousand students from all over the world come to Boston to participate in the conference.

J:这就是为什么每年都有来自世界各地的 1000多个学生来到波士顿参加这个大会。

H: It began to attract Chinese students in 2005. Now a Lot of Chinese students attend the conference every year.

H:从 2005年开始,中国学生也受到了 HMUN的吸引。现在,每年都有许多中国学生 参加这个大会。

J: It might not occur to you that this year, it was held outside Boston, or rather outside America.

J:你可能想不到,今年的大会不在波士顿举行,更确切地说不在美国。

HIt’s held in Beijing, China.

H:今年在中国北京举办。

JI was a little surprised, to be honest. It had never been held outside Boston.

J:说实话,有点让人吃惊。大会从来设有在波士顿以外的地方举行过。

H: I think HMUN-China indicates that HMUN will expand its influence overseas. What a pity! I am not in China.

H:我认为 HMUN -中国会议表明 HMUN希望扩大其在海外的影响力。很遗憾,我不在中国。

J: Never mind, you can participate in the 2011 Conference. Itll be the 58 th session, and will be held in Sheraton Boston again, from January 27 to 30.

J:没关系,你可以参加 2011年的大会。那将是第 58届会议, 127号~ 30号在波士顿喜来登酒店举办。

H: Ok, I'll prepare for it from now on.

H:太好了,我从现在起就开始准备。

J: Good luck.

J:祝你好运!