字词模式
句模式
段模式
系统设置
更多按钮
网址切换
保存状态
用户反馈
页面收藏
-AA+
哈佛大学校园英语情景对话 08:生活的清泉:唐纳喷泉

Han Meimei and John is looking for somewhere they can have a rest.

J: I'm exhausted.I cant walk any longer. Let’s have a rest.

J:累死我了,我走不动了,歇会儿吧。

H: You all right? We didnt walk too much.

H:你还好吧?我们也没走太多路呀。

J: I went mountain climbing yesterday with my Christian brothers.

J:我昨天和教友们去爬山了。

H: That must be tiring. Look, therere a lot of people sitting over there. Hold out! We're almost there.

H:那肯定很累人。看,有很多人坐在那边休息呢。坚持一下,就快到了。

JOh, I didnt realize we’re arriving at Tanner Fountain. Great!

J:哦,我没意识到我们就快到唐纳喷泉了,太好了

H: You know there?

H:你知道那儿?

J: Sure. I believe that’s the most terrific place at Harvard.

J:当然,我认为那是哈佛最美的地方。

H: Why didnt you take me here?

H:那你为什么不带我来这儿呢?

JI planned to show you some places that have historical significance. You can put the blame on me.

J:我原打算让你看看有历史意义的地方,怪我。

H: I wasnt blaming you. I was just asking you.

H:我不是在怪你,我只是问你。

J: Well, not too late to make up for my fault.

J:好吧,亡羊补牢为时不晚。

( They reach the fountain.)

(他们达到喷泉。

H: It is beautiful. But... it looks a little strange, but I cant tell.

H:确实很漂亮,但……看起来有点怪,但又说不上来。

J: Look at it more closely. Dont you see that the water is at the same level as the ground?

J:再仔细看看,不觉得水和地面在一个平面上吗?

H: Oh, I see. The fountains Fve seen before all have basins, but this one doesn't.

H:啊,我明白了。我以前见过的喷泉都有水池,而这个设有。

J: That’s the innovation of this fountain.

J:这就是这个喷泉的创新之处。

H: No wonder it is well-preserved.

H:怪不得保持得这么完好。

J: I havent thought about this question. Why?

J:我设想过这个问题,为什么?

H: You know, most of the fountains are actually abandoned after some time. The water used to be clear, and there were even some fish. Finally, they only turn out to be dry basins without water.

H:你知道,实际上很多喷泉在用了一段时间之后就荒废了。以前水是清的,水里甚 至还有鱼,但最后只剩下设有水的干池子了。

J: How come?

j:怎么回事?

HBecause the basin can leak, and people dont want to take the trouble to mend it.

H:因为水池会漏水,人们也不想修,嫌麻烦。

J: That happens. The innovation of the design also lies in that a fountain like this brings people close to it.

J:这样的事经常发生。这个设计的新意还在于像这样的喷泉可以让人们更靠近它。

H: Look at that guy, he seems to forget where he is and is just enjoying his life.

H:看那个家伙厂他似乎忘了自己在哪儿了,只是在尽情地享受生活。

J; When people are here, they can totally relax and forget about the stresses of study and work.

J:人们在这儿的时候可以完全於松,忘记学习和工作的压力。

H: You’re right that this is the most wonderful place I’ve seen today at Harvard. It shortens the distance between human and nature although it’s artificial.

H:你是对的,这是我今天在哈佛看到的最棒的地方了。它缩短了人与自然之间的距 离,虽说它是人造的。

JIn this sense, the design is human-centered.

J:从这个意义上说,这个设计很人性化。

H: Nature is blended into? life.

H:自然融入了生活。

JWhat’s more, the fountain will have some changes with seasons.

J:而且这个喷泉会随季节变换而有一些变化。

H: Sounds interesting!

H:听起来很有意思。

J: In summer, people can play in the water. In winter, the steam from the heating system takes the place, making it even more beautiful

J:夏天的时候,人们可以在水里玩耍;冬天的时候,供暖系统提供的热气会笼罩这里,让它更加漂亮。

H: Thatll add some mystique? to it

H:那会给这里增添神秘感。

J: Feel like you 5 re in heaven.

J:感觉在天堂。

H: I wish it were winter now. I’m imagining how beautiful it is in winter.

H:希望现在就是冬天。我在想象冬天时它有多美。

J: You can come back and appreciate it in winter.

J:你可以冬天再来欣赏。

H: I dont want to miss such a good chance to take pictures. Can you take a photo for me?

H:我可不想错过这么好的照相机会。你能绘我拍张照吗?

JI dont have a camera.

J:我没有相机。

H: You can use the camera on my cell phone, it has five megapixel.

H:可以用我手机上的相机,有 500万像素。

J: Cool! Saycheese”, done! Come and see how it looks.

J:酷! “茄子”,好了!过来看看怎么样。

H: Perfect. Thank you.

H:很好,谢谢你。

JIt’s getting late. Wed better go home now.

J:不早了,我们最好回去吧。

HMy time in paradise is coming to an end. I havent finished my homework yet. I’m afraid I have to stay up.

H:我的快乐时光即将结束了。我还没写完作业呢,恐怕要熬夜了。

J: Youll get used to it.

J:你会习惯的。

H: Well, I’ve been a bother today. Thank you very much for being my guide today.

H:好吧,今天打扰你了,非常感谢你今天做我的导游。

J: Don't mention it. See you tomorrow at school.

J:不客气,明天学校见。

H: See you.

H:再见。