字词模式
句模式
段模式
系统设置
更多按钮
网址切换
保存状态
用户反馈
页面收藏
-AA+
耶鲁大学校园英语情景对话 02:斯特灵纪念图书馆

JExcuse me. I'm coming to return this book.

J:您好。我要还书。

LGive it to me. Thank you. This book is overdue. I'm afraid you have to pay the fines.

L:给我吧,谢谢。这本书已经超过借阅时间了。恐怕你要付些罚款。

JWait a moment. I’m a little bit puzzled because I just borrowed it 10 days ago. Isnt it the case that postgraduate students can keep the books for 6 months?

J:等一下。我不太明白,因为我是 10天以前借的书。硕士研究生的借期不是 6个月吗?

LThat’s right. But the computer shows that somebody had placed a recall request last Monday. And a recall notice was sent to you the following day. Havent you received it?

L:是的。但是电脑显示,上周一有人发了个图书召回请求,第二天图书馆就给您发 了召回通知单。您设收到吗?

JI'm even more puzzled. Would you please explain it for me?

j:我更听不懂了。您能详细解释一下吗?

LIt seems that you have never received a library notice. Well, if the book you are looking for is checked out, and you are in urgent need, then you may find the item you want in Obris 13) and click onPlease Request”, then the library will send a recall notice to the one holding that item and ask him or her to return it by the date indicated in the notice.

L:看来您之前没有收到过图书馆的通知单。是这样的,如果您要找的书已被借出,而您又急需这书,那么您就可以在 Obris上找到这本书,点击“请求召回”,图书馆就会给图书持有者发一个召回通知单,要求他在指定日期之前把书还回来。

J:  But I havent seen a recall notice. By the way, how did you get my address since I live off-campus?

J:但是我设有看见过 S回通知单。对了,我住在校外,您怎么能知道我的住址呢?

L:  You live off the campus? I see. Notices are mailed to addresses supplied by university registrars and personnel offices. Your current address must be different from the one we got.

L:您住校外?我知道了。通知单是按照敎务主任和人事处提供的地址寄出去的,您 目前的住址与我们获知的一定有所出入。

J:  Oh, yeah. I just changed my residence two weeks ago.

J:是的。我两周前刚换了住处。

LYou are responsible for notifying the library or those offices promptly of any change in address.

L:您有责任将变更后的地址及时通知图书馆或相关部门。

JI’m really sorry. I didnt know that.

J:真对不起。我不知道要这样做。

LThen there should also be an e-mail notice.

L:应该还会有一个通过电子邮件发的通知呀。

JI havent checked my e-mail recently.

J:我最近没有查收邮件。

LWell. I'm willing to help but unable to do so about this.

L:哦,那我爱莫能助了。

JI understand. It's my fault. I'm willing to pay the fines. How much is it?

J:我理解。这是我的失误,我应该交罚款。一共多少钱?

LYou are supposed to have returned the book last Friday, now it's Wednesday, and 2 dollars per day for overdue books that have been recalled, so you need to pay 10 dollars.

L:应该是上固五还书,今天是周三,请求召回的书超期一天罚款 2美元,所以您需要交 10美元罚款。

J:  Well, I will pay the price for my ignorance. Here you are.

J:好吧,我将为自己的无知付出的代价。 给您。

LPoor boy. Have a good look of the library website, please.  You need to gain some understanding on library regulations.

L:可怜的孩子。好好看_下图书馆的网站吧,您应该对图书馆的规章制度有所了解。

J:  I will. Thank you.

J:我会的。谢谢您。

SHey, Joseph. Long time no see. What are you doing here?

S:嘿,约瑟夫。好久不见。你在这儿干吗呢?

JHey, Steve. I have just returned a book. What are you doing here?

J:嘿,史蒂夫。我刚还了一本书。你来做什么?

SI'm coming to consult the librarian for some borrowing details.

S:我想向管理员咨询一些借书的细节问题。

J:  Go ahead.

J:你先问吧。

SGood morning, sir. I’m a freshman from Law School. Can I ask you some questions?

S:早上好,先生。我是法学院的大一新生,我能咨询几个问题吗?

LSure. Go ahead, please.

L:当然可以。请说吧。

SI'm having a torturing course and there are 10 required  readingsbut  I  have  already borrowed ten books for other courses. I'm wondering how  many books I  can check  out?

S:我现在在上一门很折磨人的课,有 10本必读的书,但是我之前已经借了 10本其他科目的书了。我想知道我最多能借多少本书。

LDont worry about that. Undergraduates can borrow 150 books or other types of loans at once.

L:这个不用担心。本科生一次可以借 150本图书或其他可以外借的读物。

S: For how long can I keep them?

S:能借多久?

LYou can keep them for 2 months unless the items are from Arts Library or Bass Library, with the former being 1 day and the latter 21 days.

L:可以借两个月。但是艺术学院的书只能借 1天, Bass图书馆的书是 21天。

SOh. Really? That’s nice.

S:哦。是吗?太好了。

JExcuse me. How many books can I check out as a postgraduate?

J:不好意思。研究生能借多少本?

L225 in total, but the duration is different from library to library, usually six or two months. Anyway, a due date will be stamped in the book at the time it is borrowed.

L:一共可以借 225本,借书期限因馆而异,一般是 6个月或 2个月。总之,书借出去的时候,我们会在书上标一个还书日期的。

JAnd they may be called back earlier for another reader. Steve, be sure to notify the library on changing your address.

J:但是也有可能被其他读者提前召回。史蒂夫,如果你换了住处,一定要记得通知 图书馆。

S: Why?

s:为什么?

JBecause I have just paid 10 dollars for my ignorance.

J:因为我刚刚为自己的无知付了 10美元。

LHe is an undergraduate. Undergraduates have to live on campus, so he wont have such problems as you did.

L:他是本科生。本科生必须住在学校里,所以不会出现像你这样的问题。

S: What did I miss?

S: 我错过了什么好戏?  

JLater on I will tell you in detail. And now, would you like to go to my new department?

J: 等会儿我详细跟你说。  现在,你有没有兴趣去我的新住处看看?

S: You have changed your place?

S: 你换地方了?  

JYeah.

J: 对。  

S: Ok. Let’s go.

S: 好啊, 走吧。 

JThank you for your help, sir. Have a good day.

J: 先生, 谢谢您的帮助。 祝您一天愉快。

S: Goodbye, sir.

S: 再见, 先生。 

LHave fun.

L: 玩得开心。